Spotlight on Raider Royalty

This year Homecoming falls on Oct. 11 with an Egyptian theme, and we have now announced our Homecoming court.

For our Senior King and Queen we have Tiger Matautia and Gabriela Mendez.

Matautia is very well known here at the Islands. He’s not really the sports type of person because he says, “I’m really out of shape!”

But he does play on the varsity boys’ volleyball team. He also says he is in way too many clubs at CI. He is currently in ASB, he is a spokesman of the Science Club, president of Mr. Haynes’ Marine Science Academy, and he is still waiting for Mr. Saunders to let him join the Music Appreciation Club.

When asked how he feels about being the HC King at CI, Matautia quickly stated, “To be honest, I don’t feel any different after winning, but I’ve always loved CI and everyone here. I just began to love my school and everyone even more. I’m extremely proud to be a Raider!”

Mendez was equally excited to be named HC queen.

“After doing almost 300 stickers saying ‘Vote for Me,’ it felt so amazing to know I won,” she said. “I ran for junior princess last year but didn’t win, and now to win queen this year is super exciting. I was beyond happy and surprised when I found out I was the winner because I had really tough competition.”

Mendez also mentioned some things she’s into here at CI.

“I just joined ASB this year; I wish I would’ve joined it since my freshman year. It’s really cool and I’ve met so many great people,” she said. “This is my third year playing on the varsity basketball team and I’m a proud captain.”

Senior Prince and Princess are Eric Bautista and Tania Avila.

Junior prince and princess we  have are Ernesto Alcantar and Diana Marron.

Sophomore prince and princess we have are Frank Romero and Ana Maria Fuente.

For our freshman prince and princess we have are Kelvin Pineda and Leila Chea.

Congratulations to all our winners.

These were all the nominees for our Homecoming court: Our freshman nominees for prince were Matthew Baugarther, Patrick Manasaia, and Kelvin Pineda. Our freshman princess nominees were Leila Chea, Lynae Washington, and Salma Humaran.

Sophomore prince nominees were Andy Zuniga, Frank Romero, and Jesus Gomez. Princess nominees were Valerie Gonzalez, Carmen Medina, and Ana Maria Fuente.

Junior class prince nominees were Ernesto Alcantar, Daniel Raya, Miles Miber, and Roy Otto. Princess nominees were Claudia Adame, Leslie Ramirez, Stephanie Barrera, and Diana Marron.

Senior prince nominees were Juan Jimenez, Eric Bautista, Manuel Venzor, and Bryan Aguilar. For our senior princesses nominees there wereStephanie Balderas, Tania Avila, and Kaysha Farala.

Now for our biggest one of all Senior king and queen. For our king nominees there were Stefon Thomas, Fernando Vargas and Tiger Matautia. Then our Queen nominees were Gabby Mendez, Kassandra Baluyot and Myangel Patton.